Homemade Pizza Sauce
This homemade pizza sauce recipe is so easy to make and tastes great!
Calories: 35 kcal
Author: Eating on a Dime
(1) 28 ounce can of crushed tomatoes (or 2 14 oz cans)
2 teaspoons dried basil
1/2 tsp sugar (you could probably do 1 tsp)
1/2 tsp onion powder
2 tsp oregano
1 tsp paprika
2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp pepper
Pour the crushed tomatoes in a bowl.
Add in the seasonings and stir to combine.
It is officially ready to spoon onto your homemade pizza! It really is that easy!
This makes the equivalent to 2 jars of pizza sauce. Just freeze the left overs in baggies or in plastic containers.
Consider doubling or tripling this recipe to save some for the freezer.
1. I personally puree the tomatoes as my hubby doesn't like tomato chunks.
2. I use very little sauce for on my pizza so I keep a jar in the freezer and have it when homemade pizza is on the menu.
3. I have been using this exact recipe for years and find it cheaper, healthier and so convenient.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value*
Total Carbohydrates 8g3%
Dietary Fiber 2g8%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.